Monday, October 29, 2007

Week 6, Thing 13

I liked Librarything.com a lot because I can connect with people who have read the same books I have and get their take on them. It is also helpful because there are so many books out their on my field of study, and I don't want to read the ones other teachers found lacking.

Del.icio.us is another great site. I went to the tag history and came up with a huge list, ofcourse, but the first two sites I went to were amazing. One, hyperhistory.com, has maps, timelines. bios, and primary sources for ancient history. It would be a helpful site to send students to who are writinf reports. The other, behindthename.com, gives historical background for people's first names! I've done this with my students to research last names in the past, but this looks like a great lesson in the making!

I've been on a real roll today with these "Things"!

1 comment:

mugwumplibrary2 said...

You've found a lot of great web sites. I want to check out the name one also.
One thing that I've been thinking about is setting up a Del.ioc.ious account for all of the teachers to share web sites. Do you think there would be an interest in that? Certainly something to keep in mind for a department meeting discussion.

Great job!