Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Week 3, Thing 7

I'm glad to blog about technology for this thing because I have the perfect story. This weekend my musband and I went to Long Beach for my marathon, and neither of us remembered a digital camera. We ended up spending $13- for a cruddy little 27 exposure throw away at a quickie mart near our hotel.

When Chris went to take photos of me later, he forgot to hold the camera up to his face to see through the viewer-- he seemed very confused at first! Then, as he took photos, he kept muttering about all the throw away lacked: a view of the scene before one snaps, zoom, liht settings, and so on.

After a $10- processing fee, I got the photos back. Most were lousy. Too dark, too far away, off center, blurry.

This experience made me realize how dependent I am upon my digital for quality photos. I was hesitant about switching from my 35mm to the digital two years ago, but now I am hooked on the new technology and hardly ever pull out the old camera.

I guess that's it in a nutshell for me and tech: hesitant to try new things, then so glad when I finally do.

No comments: